Public Holidays in Benin
Benin is a poor country and has approximately 12 million populations. The people of Benin belong to various religions and cultures. Benin public holidays are made according to people living in Benin. The calendar of Benin is made by focusing on all events either it is celebrated by Beninese, Muslims, and French. Benin Public Holidays are made by the Government of Benin and everyone enjoys whether the holiday is in his or her culture or not.
Total of 13 Benin Public Holidays That Are as Follows:
- First Benin Public Holiday is on 1st January. It is celebrated as New Year's Day. People of Benin celebrate this holiday at night before 1st January. Like other Americans and Britain, Beninese celebrates it in the same way.
- Second Benin Public Holiday is the traditional day. It is celebrated on the 10th of January. This is a traditional holiday for the people of Benin. People celebrate it according to their tradition and culture.
- Third Benin Public holiday is Easter Monday. It is celebrated on the 2nd of April. It is celebrated by the Christian community in Benin. It is celebrated by half of the countries in the world. It is usually celebrated after Easter Sunday.
- Fourth Benin public holiday is Labor Day. It is celebrated on 1st May. The purpose of celebrating this day is to admire and honor the struggle of poor people who work day and night to meet their needs.
- Fifth Benin public holiday is Ascension Day. It is celebrated on 10th May. This day is celebrated by many countries in the world by the Christian Community. It is celebrated after 40 days of Easter.
- Sixth Benin Public Holiday is Whit Monday. It is on the 21st of May. People celebrate it on 7th Monday after Easter. It is also known as Pentecost Monday.
- Seventh Benin Public holiday is Eid ul Fitr holiday. It is celebrated by the Muslim community. It is celebrated at the end of Ramadan.
- Eighth Benin Public holiday is Independence Day. It is celebrated on 1st August. This holiday is celebrated by people of Benin as they got freedom from France.
- Ninth Benin Public Holiday is Assumption Day. It is celebrated on 15th August. It is a very important day in the Catholic religion. It is celebrated for blessed Virgin, Marry the mother of Christ.
- Tenth Benin Public Holiday is Eid ul Adha. It is celebrated by the Muslim community at the 10th of Zil Hajj.
- Eleventh Benin Public Holiday is All Saints Day. It is celebrated on 1st November. This day is celebrated by all Christian community in the world.
- Twelfth Benin Public Holiday is Eid Milad-un-Nabi. It is celebrated by the Muslim Community all over the world.
- Thirteenth Benin Public Holiday is Christmas day. It is celebrated on 25th December. It is celebrated by the Christian community all over the world.