How do I get a Ethiopia visa? in 3 steps
To obtain a visa for Ethiopia, you can follow these general steps: 1. Determine the Type of Visa. ommon types include tourist visas, business visas, and transit visas. 2. Gather Required Documents: Once you know the type of visa you need, gather the necessary documents. 3. Submit Application and Pay Fees: Submit your completed visa application form and all the required documents. Pay the applicable visa fees, which can vary depending on your nationality and the visa type.
Submit the simplified Ethiopia visa application. It takes less than 5 minutes to complete. It is an easy process.
Our visa experts review your provided information if it all matches the Ethiopia visa application requirement.
Once your Ethiopia Visa application is lodged we will send you a confirmation email with all necessary details.
Ethiopia Visa information for UK citizens
Ethiopia visa for United Kingdom citizens. All UK citizens traveling to Ethiopia are required to obtain a visa in order to enter Ethiopia, except for citizens of Kenya and Djibouti, who have visa-exemption arrangements with Ethiopia. From June 1 2018, United Kingdom citizens have been able to apply for and obtain an Ethiopia eVisa or electronic visa online. An eVisa is an electronic travel authorization allowing visitors to enter Ethiopia country for a certain amount of time.
Ethiopia eVisa e-Visa application form for UK citizens
The Ethiopian visa application for United Kingdom citizens only takes a few minutes to complete as the online form is very simple. You can apply Ethiopia visa online easily through Phone or PC anytime from anywhere, you must complete the Ethiopia visa online application in three steps.
How can UK citizens get Ethiopia visa online
Getting an Ethiopia tourist visa for United Statescitizens through the automated system is quick and easy.
Ehtiopia e-Visa information at entry
e-Visa Requirements for United Kingdom citizens
- Passport with at least 6 months of validity from the date you intend to enter the country
- Passport Personal Details Scan
- A recent passport size digital photo in color
- Travel Itinerary
- Proof of Living Hood
- Yellow Fever Vaccination see more details
Ethiopia Visa vilidation for UK citizens
The validity of Ethiopian e-Visa for United Kingdom citizens starts from the date of entry to Ethiopia you selected while applying your application not from the date of issue.
Ethiopia eVisa extension for United Kingdom citizens
Visa extensions can be granted by the main Immigration and Nationality Affairs Office in Addis Ababa at least a week prior to your current visa expiry date. You can apply online for a new eVisa while still in Ethiopia.
Types of Ethiopia eVisa for citizens of United Kingdom
Ethiopia and the UK maintain strong and rich diplomatic relations. Hence, an estimate of around 20,000 British citizens visit Ethiopia per year.
- A single-entry visa will expire once you leave Ethiopia. United Kingdom citizens who wish to visit Ethiopia once more should re-apply for an eVisa.
- 2, Multiple entry visas are possible for tourists who wish to travel and enter Ethiopia more than once, although the eVisa system is unable to grant travelers multiple-entry visas. Hence, travelers should apply at their nearest Ethiopian embassy upon appointment.
- 3, For UK citizens transiting through Ethiopia, no transit visa is required, providing that travelers do not leave the airport between flights.
- 4, Whereas, holders of service or diplomatic passports of any country, except for Somalia and Pakistan, can enter Ethiopia visa-free for a period of up to 3 months.
- 5, The Main Immigration and Nationality Affairs Office in Addis Ababa deals with visa extensions during visitors’ stays in Ethiopia. However, visa holders must apply for a visa extension at least a week prior to the current visa expiry date. You can apply online for a new eVisa while still in Ethiopia, as well. Overstaying your visa can lead to fines or even imprisonment.
Other Types of Ethiopia Visa For United Kingdoms
1, Ethiopia Investment Visa - IV: This is a visa issued to foreign nationals who are engaged in investment activities. It can also be issued to potential investors who wish to come and invest in Ethiopia. The Validity of the Visa starts counting from the date intended to Enter Ethiopia Travelers can request for extension before the visa expires.
5, Non-Governmental Organizations(NGO) Work Visa - NV: An NGO visa is a visa issued to those foreign nationals who are invited by NGOs operating in Ethiopia for Employment or short term assignments. The Validity of the visa starts counting from the date intended to enter Ethiopia. NGO Visa cannot be extended. This type of Ethiopia Business visa is for 30 days single entry.
+ NGO Work Visa. 1, passport-size photo of the applicant, 2, Official application letter was written by the inviting organization and addressed. and 3, Registration License of the inviting organization.
The Ethiopia eVisa Sample
Visa is also granted on arrival at Addis Ababa Bole International Airport for visitors with an invitation letter attending meetings, seminars, or workshops organized by the African Union participants of the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa conferences and meetings.